Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Andrea Sooter & The Organic Bloom|Tulsa, OK.

March is here!!  I know I am a few days behind, but I had a few guests in town...so work took a back seat!!  Now that I am back to work...Here is my March feature interview.  The Organic Bloom!!  Yes, I love their frames.  I fell in love with them well over a year ago when I stumbled upon their Facebook page.  Having my own studio back in North Carolina, I was looking for a beautiful way to display more of my favorites, but honestly....square frames didn't really interest me.  Therefore my walls stayed blank, and sadly...my favs were only on display online.  Well, that all changed when I dove in and became a proud vendor for The Organic Bloom.  My clients also fell in love with them, and now they are displayed in my own home as well as my friends & clients all over the US.  The OB has thousands of vendors.  They have become so popular...just the mention of "OB" brings a smile!  So, since they are one of my favorites, I asked Andrea {aka Mrs. Bloom} to answer a few questions to let my clients & fans know a little more! 




{"Nerd Nation" is one of Jason's favorite pics of us, it's just so silly!}


1: Bio!
Please share your name, hometown, business name and anything else you want people to know!

Jason & Andrea Sooter- currently in Tulsa, OK, owners of The Organic Bloom, custom framing.

2: Your frames are a hit!  Where did the idea for a fabulous frame company come from?

In the spring of 2010, a photographer friend of ours came to us, "You two are both so creative, can you come up with some cool frames for me to sell in my studio, I'm not really impressed with anything that is currently out there for photographers to market to their clients"


3. How long have you been in business?

We cut and painted our first frames in May 2010- I hand painted all the frames that were ordered through August that summer on my dining room table! 

4. I was so honored to be able to see your workshop back in November...I did notice space was running out!  Did you ever think business would take off like it has?  Where do you see OB in 5 years?

Haha, we definitely thought frames had potential to be big....but never in our wildest dreams did we think it would just explode overnight!

Long term, our company purpose is to provide innovative products for the photography industry through awesome customer interaction and impressive production techniques.


5. Where did the name "The Organic Bloom" come from?  What measures do you take to be environmentally friendly?

Jason came up with our company name several years before we knew exactly "what" it was going to be. Organic is a business term meaning growth and success from within, resulting from well-run operations and inspiring innovation. Bloom means to grow or flourish with vigor. 

We try to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Our frames are made with wood harvested only from sustainable forests and we recycle all of our paint cans at the local steel recycling center. 


6. Are there any new frame shapes or colors in the works?!

Always, we are proud to work with a very creative bunch! Beyond that, my lips are sealed!



7. What are your favorite frame styles and colors?  Is your house filled with OB frames?  (I know mine is)

Definitely Mary Ann, June, Charlie, Ellie, Audrey, Lucy, Eva and Johnny are my top faves!! Colors- Parchment with Brown Glaze, Dragon Fruit, Yellow Apple, Grey Morning, Slate Sky, Purple Sunset, Flamenco Red with Black Glaze, White, Bahama Blue and Charcoal (off the top of my head!)....and yes, I am a very proud Mama Bloom! I am always on the hunt for fun vintage prints at antique stores, etc to fill my frames with - we can only have so many pictures of just ourselves in our home! 


8. I know that you ship frames all over the U.S...where is the furthest place you've shipped frames?

Japan!

Thank you so much for allowing me to feature you here on my blog! I cannot wait to see where the future takes you as well as your growing business & family!  

Meg



Photos were submitted by Andrea Sooter

No comments:

Post a Comment